Monday, April 18, 2011

For My Yayay


Dear Kalbs,

When we started, I have a lot of fear in me. I just came from a relationship that didn't turn out the way I hoped it would, and my short-lived tries with romance last year didn't give me promising results. But then, you came (or rather, stepped up, as you have already been there), and no one has reassured me of his love the way you did: you were consistent, you stood up for me and you against my mama, you never promised me anything, you made things fun and easy, you were not afraid to say "no" to me. And little by little, I found I am holding on more to you than the fear I initially had.

It has just been a month, but that month was nothing but bliss. You make me miss you the moment you go home. You make me look forward to seeing you all week long. You reassure me that you'll be there and show me that well, too. We may not be spending too much time together, but I know that when you're with me, you're with me, and that I don't need to compete for your attention. It's mine as long as you're with me. The thing is you also make me feel that you are mine even when you're not around. The calls in between your busy workdays let me know that I don't need to fret because even with 3 cities in between us, lots of emails to answer, and site visits to make, you are thinking of me.

I want to say that I don't want to ask for more, but I can't because there is something more I want: I want more of you and me, of us. More weekends, more weeks, more months. Even forever if God permits. A lot of things changed when you came, and quite honestly, they all changed for the awesome. You are a great partner to have that I can be nothing else but grateful to finally be with you.

Happy 1st Month, Love. I love you. :)

~ Kulots

No comments:

Post a Comment